Saturday 11 May 2013

Soldier

I never meant to do anything bad, see anything bad
I never wanted to be just another fad
But I was caught unaware
The evil was already there
And oh, how it snares
Like a fish bobbing in the water fighting the air
This hook how it tears
The skin rises up to bridge over the wound
When your soul is a scab then you know you are consumed
Now here I am the girl who had the plan
On my knees begging, Lord please, set me free of sins disease
This life is like a sneeze, you're in you're out
Count 1 2 3
Don't let that be me, wasted away Once the damage is done you can't go back
The innocence you've lost, you can't retract
Sure you can feel her there inside and it makes you cry
The world couldn't touch her because she could fly
But that pull, that hook, that sucking embrace
This sinful world just loves to take So you brush off the scathing memories and hurtful games
Being born of the Spirit means the flesh cant win
You become a soldier like me and you rise again

No comments:

Post a Comment