Friday 10 May 2013

Epic Poetry

My teeny, tiny words tiptoe across this page.
The t's twirl around the i's and dance once again.
All these letters fit together, letting loose words I need to describe.
A symphony of letters, a jumble of words.
I put my heart on paper to show the world.
Who am I?
I dont know.
I never could get ahold of my soul. This heart it beats, these lungs they breathe.
A perfectly organic being, fragile in my own uncertainty.
My spirit is like an Elvis song, never outdated.
My will is so strong I feel elated.
I like to smile and make people laugh.
To me they are masterpieces of the highest class.
I try to relate and congregate.
Life isn't easy sailing waves of pain. Like I know I missed my stop but I cant get off this train.
Just ride it out and dont jump the track.
I've learned to love others wherever they're at.
Roll with the punches and try not to swing back.
Love and anger made me blind. I reel back and forth as I try to unwind.
Passion drives me as compassion shows me grace.
Together deciding my worth each day.
Touch and go, my feelings flow.
I often yearn to be undisturbed and alone.
Things that feel make me cry. Anything I connect to, I'll follow till I die.
Faces swim through my head of people I've loved and I miss them again.
I wonder if they know they look the same in my mind.
Forever in that moment, frozen in time.
I wish I could gather myself all into one.
All the people I've been and thoughts I've dreamed creating an indiscernable song.
Gather it all inside of me, organize my discrepancies.
Discuss our regrets and place our bets of who I'll become.
I love to imagine that I will be someone.
I want to touch you right on your soul.
Create a bond so you'll never let me go.
I leave pieces of myself here and there.
I tear down my walls so you will see that I care to relate.
Is there something deep in you that you just cant take?
Let's laugh like kids as we run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment