Friday 10 May 2013

The Memory Fades

Have you ever almost remebered a memory but it slips away from you before you can grasp it? That happened to me. For a second I remebered something that I used to think of when I was a girl and it felt like the ghost of her passing through me. Like I could feel for a moment how I felt back then. The innocence, the energy.
I felt as though I as grieving myself so I wrote this to try and explain how I felt. Its called Shattered.

The giddy innocence I once had, skips past my shattered reflection in the broken glass.
A ghost of a girl who would laugh and lose herself for hours as time had no grasp.
A fragment of a memory takes me back, a shard of a feeling that I once had.
An excitement that raced, a wonder no one could take.
It was all mine but now it has faded away.
The girls giggles fade into black, she is lost in my abyss there is no coming back.
Is she still really there, is that why I cry?
Or is it just that I couldn't protect her from the pain that would pry. Ripping her in half.
The names that would cut.
The fists that would break, the dissapointments that would cause her heart such crushing pain.
Now here I am, a girl who can survive.
Mourning the sweet girl who in a memory rushed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment